Lookie here, friends. This is something really fun.
These are called Overnight Oats…
Ever since I saw this idea on the blog Two Peas and Their Pod, I’ve kind of been obsessed.
Always a big fan of greek yogurt and berries. Well, this is a great change from that boring little ol’ routine.
Because let’s face it, routines can get boring.
Just mix it all up the night before and stick it in the fridge.
Then, it is all ready the next day without you doing anything.
Now, that's one quick breakfast or snack.
And you eat it chilled.
Overnight Blueberry Almond Oats
(Inspired by Two Peas and their Pod. Makes 1-2 servings, depending on how much you eat)
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats, uncooked (I use gluten-free Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup skim or unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- Dash of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons sliced or chopped raw almonds
- Extra blueberries and cinnamon, for serving
– Stir oats, milk, yogurt, blueberries, and cinnamon together in a jar or bowl.
– Cover and place in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
– In the morning, remove from refrigerator and top with almonds, extra blueberries, and cinnamon.
– This is eaten chilled.
TIP: If you want to sweeten up your oats, you can use flavored yogurt or just add a bit of brown sugar, truvia, or honey. You could also add any flavor of natural fruit preserves.
I don’t usually put in a lot of milk or omit it all together.
Less ingredients = less hassle for me.
But if you don’t like it that thick, you can add up to a 1/3 cup of milk to the mix before you chill it.