The amount of citrus I buy at the store is starting to get embarrassing at the checkout…
I’ve been on a serious orange kick.
A whole, pealed, straight-up orange (or five). all kinds. all sizes. very juicy…and so refreshing after your workout.
Most orange varieties are in season right now and through the end of April. So we have to get the most out of them while they are nice and juicy. I mean, we must.
This smoothie is another cool way to enjoy oranges. I first saw this idea on some healthy food blogs that featured smoothie recipes.
A cool twist on a healthy fruit smoothie.
Oranges + Carrots + Fresh Ginger
I blend this all up in a blender to make a smoothie. But you can also use a juicer and make it into a juice.
The ginger gives it a cool kick.
It is orange juice kicked up a notch. Enjoy!
Orange Carrot Ginger Smoothie
- 1 pound carrots (about 2 cups chopped baby carrots)
- 3 navel oranges (more or less depending on the size)
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh, grated ginger (more or less, to taste)
- Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to adjust the measurements. I have a smaller blender so I use about 1 cup of baby carrots and 2-3 navel oranges. I like more oranges than carrots in mine.
- Smoothie: Combine all ingredients and blend up until frothy. I also add some cold water or ice cubes before I blend it. Blend until it is smooth.
- Juice: You can also put each of the ingredients in a juicer. Then stir them all together. If you don’t have a juicer and want to make it a juice, just blend up the ingredients and then strain it.
- Serve this drink immediately. You can laso keep it in the refrigerator, but try to serve it within a day.
If you consume enough carrots, the color of your skin will eventually start to have an orange glow.
Just food for thought. :)