If I told you I have some healthy cookie dough bites.
Would you believe me?
Come on now. I would never lie to you!
How cool are these?
You’ll find yourself popping more than one in your mouth.
These are fast to make.
Plus, no baking required! Score.
You just whip them up in a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can mash the dates up with a fork.
I like using coconut oil, but you can always use butter if that’s how you roll. Butter is just not my thing. I never even put butter on my pancakes when I was 5. And I was the weird one eating dry toast with jam.
I sometimes get carried away and double this recipe. That way I know I will be willing to share a few…
Healthy Cookie Dough Bites
- ½ cup gluten-free quick-cooking oats
- 6 Mejool Dates (pits removed) or about 12 smaller-sized dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (margarine or butter can also be used instead)
- pinch of salt
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Add the oats to the food processor and pulse until they are finely ground.
- Add the dates, oil, and vanilla and run until smooth and forms a ball
- Stir in the mini chips
- Scoop into small balls and roll until smooth. Store in the refrigerator or the freezer…but they will not last long!
Milk Chocolate Coated Version: Instead of adding chocolate chips to the dough, melt milk chocolate in the microwave. The, dip the dough balls in the chocolate and place in the refrigerator to harden.
You can really melt any kind of chocolate chips you want and dip the dough balls in the melted chocolate.
Even coated in chocolate…lets still call these healthy :)
mini little chocolate chips + mini little cookie dough bites = BIG round of applause