Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Serious question: Who doesn’t love a good peanut butter cookie?
I may start walking around and polling everyone about whether they like peanut butter cookies.
If they say “no” then I will conveniently have a batch of these with me and I will give them one to try.
Result = sudden change of heart
Now, some may argue that this is NOT a peanut butter cookie.
Okay, I’ll listen to you. You may even be right…
But you won’t be getting one of these. :)
I love a good and simple peanut butter cookie. But when I want something a little different and unexpected, I make these.
A new set of flavors for an old classic.
They are so fast and easy to make. Creating very little reasons for you not to make them too!
Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, optional (white, dark, semi-sweet, butterscotch or peanut butter chips all work too)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a bowl. You can use a stand mixer or stir it all together by hand. Mix until all combined.
- After all of the ingredients are combined, stir in the chocolate chips. You can pop the dough in the freezer to firm it up a bit before you roll it into balls.
- With a cookie scoop, form dough balls. Then roll them in your hands to make a smooth ball. Place gough palls on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Press down the dough balls slightly with the palm of your hand. Then sprinkle the tops with sugar. Next, use a fork and press down the cookies further, making cross-hatch marks on top of the cookies.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Rotate the sheets halfway through baking. Do not overbake these cookies! They may not look done by 12 minutes, but take them out anyways. They will continue to bake and set as they cool on the cookie sheet. Let cool completely.
- You can place the dough in the refrigerator while some are in the oven baking.
Really though, what is peanut butter without chocolate?