Milk Chocolate Dipped Cookies
this is how I feel about valentine’s day candy…
And no, this is not a sign of hate.
I love v-day inspired M&M’s so much that I crush them up and sprinkle on melted chocolate.
So, what you see pictured below is true love.
If you like chocolate… you are in luck.
This is my one of my favorite double chocolate cookies. It is adapted from Giada De Laurentiis and it has always been my go-to chocolate cookie recipe. Ever since I saw her make it on her weekend show Giada at Home a few years ago, I have had a very hard time giving any other chocolate cookie a chance.
To make this one extra special, melt milk chocolate chips and dip the cooled cookies in the chocolate and then sprinkle them with chopped M&M’s.
With me, when it rains chocolate…it pours.
and I dance in it.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup (6 ounces or more) milk chocolate chips (I recommend Ghirardelli chocolate)
- ½ heaping cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-2 cups milk chocolate chips, melted, for dipping (use the remaining milk chocolate chips if you buy a 12 ounce bag of Ghirardelli)
- about 1 cup M&M’s, chopped (or you can use sprinkles)
- Make cookies: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. With the machine running, gradually add the flour mixture until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, form 12 equal-sized pieces of dough onto each baking sheet. With damp hands, form the dough into balls. Flatten the tops of the dough slightly.
- Bake until the tops of the cookies begin to crack slightly, about 14 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely, about 20 minutes. I pop the cookies in the fridge to make sure they are totally cooled.
- Melt Chocolate: In a bowl, microwave milk chocolate in 30 second intravels until almost melted. Then stir until completely smooth. Chop up M&M's or use sprinkles.
- Dip half the cooled cookies into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with m&m’s. Put on a plate and store in the fridge until the melted chocolate has hardened.
Seriously, who needs a box of chocolates?
Just give away these. <3