Simple Peanut Butter Cookies - with a healthy twist
There are times when life calls for simpler things. Perhaps a piece of toast with jam, a hot cup of green tea, or just some plain ol' ground up peanuts…with brown sugar :)
For the pure peanut butter cookie purist out there. Can we be friends??
This cookie is a mere four ingredients. Wheat free and no butter. And since I just love brown sugar (I could eat it plain, so what), I like to use it instead of white sugar.
Now this cookie is totally my style. You’ll dig it too.
Natural Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup Smucker’s Natural Chunky Peanut Butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (or decrease the sugar and use 2/3 or ¾ cup)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- dash of salt
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredient and whisk them together until combined.
- Pop the dough in the fridge for about 15 minutes to let the dough set and harden a bit. Then scoop out balls with a cookie scoop and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the tops of the dough balls with a little brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy…or just eat one right away and burn the roof of your mouth. Totally worth it.
Peanuts are energy for the good life.
So eat them!