Cupcakes for Two
Yes, the title is correct. You don’t have to make a whole batch of cupcakes when you just want to enjoy one or two. Sometimes you don’t have the time or the space to icing and store 24 cupcakes.
And sometimes you just want to make one cupcake…
Well here is your solution. A recipe for two.
On one of my favorite cooking blogs I read, HowSweetItIs.com, I read a post about making a small batch of cupcakes. So small that it makes only two! Well, now that’s just too perfect. So, I made these by going off the recipe I read. Although, I doubled the recipe posted below, so it made few more (well, still only four cupcakes!). But, I also made them smaller by using mini muffin tins.
With the extra time, and so few to frost, I was able to add a few sprinkles to finish it off. If you are only going to make two, you might as well make them pretty, right? :)
Vanilla Cupcakes for Two
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with 2 liners. Or make in mini muffin tins (will make about 6 mini cupcakes).
- In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined.
- Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk.
- Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake or in mini muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, then frost as desired. using whatever icing you would like!
If you go exactly by the recipe above, it will make exactly TWO cupcakes.
So when you have a sweet tooth or having dinner for two or even dining alone, this is a great dessert that won’t leave you searching for a container to store the extras.