With Easter candy taking over the aisles of the grocery store… you might as well pick some up.
It’s not every day of the year that you will get to make cookies with egg-shaped M&M’s. So you might as well take advantage.
These are inspired from my classic Monster Cookies. The M&M eggs were a little bigger than regular M&M’s so only a few fit in each cookie. You can use regular peanut butter M&M's instead because they are a little smaller than the egg-shaped ones.
I used crunchy peanut butter and peanut butter M&M’s for even extra peanut butter goodness.
But beware… these cookies are pretty loaded.
Double Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
(makes 2 dozen or so cookies)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine
- dash of salt
- ½ cup extra-crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour (you can use white flour)
- 3 cups oats
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Peanut Butter M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend sugars, butter, salt. Add eggs and then the peanut butter.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients. Then mix in the chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes or until just about done. Rotate sheets halfway through baking. Add more chocolate or M&M’s to the tops of cookies when they are done.
Bake cookies. Share Cookies. Eat cookies.
And maybe one day even sell cookies. :)