We all have those weekends - when you are visiting family and friends and don’t want to arrive empty handed…but don’t know what to bring.
Easy. Bake cookies. It’s my go-to gift.
This recipe is a spin-off of my Monster Cookies. Which, if you have some M&M’s, I highly recommend checking out!
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
(Makes about 50 cookies)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ tablespoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 4 ¼ cups oats
- ½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ or 1 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together. First blend the butter with the sugars. Add PB and vanilla. Add in the rest of the dry ingredients and chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to make them uniform.
- Bake for around 9 minutes at 350 degrees. rotate sheets halfway through baking. Bake until just turning golden.
- Let cool on sheet.
MY TIP: Add chips to the top of the cookies right when they come out of the oven. You can also add them when they are almost done baking.