This is my new favorite thing to do…
Roasting walnuts with cinnamon. It smells sooo amazing.
These are great during the holiday season.
I love using walnuts, but you could also do this with almonds, pecans, or cashews.
Cinnamon Roasted Walnuts
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 3-4 cups raw walnut halves (or whole almonds)
- 3 T white sugar
- 3 T brown sugar
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. B
- Beat the egg white and water until frothy with a whisk in a medium bowl.
- Add the nuts and stir until well coated. Mix the sugars, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over the nuts. Stir everything together until he nuts are all well coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the nuts evenly on sheet.
- Roast walnuts for about 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes or so. Let cool.
Store in airtight containers. Or package them up and give them away as gifts.
Happy Holidays :)