Classic Chocolate Chip
Here is a good ol’ chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I like to add toasted walnuts to some of the batter, but that is optional.
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole-wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, chopped (I used my cinnamon roasted walnuts)
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl
- Blend in a mixture the butter and sugars. Add in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour into the butter mixture until combined. Add in the chocolate chips and the walnuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 9 minutes, until just turning golden. let cool.