Frozen Nanner Bites
I call these Frozen Nanners. Because my sister always calls me “Nanners.” It’s kind of like banana… but better.
But, I have a confession on how these little things came to be…
I finally caved and got a Pinterest account. What’s my deal with Pinterest?
Well, I do love how it is inspiring people to get out there and get creative! BUT, I also fear that it is sucking out one’s own orginality and their ability to think of their own ideas. Everyone is just relying on Pinterest to think of something for them.
Okay, I got that rant out of my system. But let’s be honest, who doesn't love looking at all of the posts? I’ve been able to get fitness tips and easily discover great food blogs.
Such as this one. The website is called Fit Sugar.
These are frozen treats that also give you a big protein and nutritional boost.
Plus, it involves bananas AND Smucker’s all-natural peanut butter. Those are two things that I could live on if I were stranded on a deserted island. Heck, I’m not even stranded and I already live on them. A runner’s secret weapon.
You can kind of make up the measurements, depending on how many you want to make or how much filling you put on each slice. I use two or three bananas in this one.
Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- 2-3 bananas, ripe
- about 2 tablespoons Smuckers all-natural creamy peanut butter (or your favorite natural stuff)
- about 2-3 tablespoons nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
- pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Mash one banana in a bowl and mix in the peanut butter, yogurt and cinnamon.
- Slice the other bananas into ½ inch slices. Put about a teaspoon of the mashed banana mixture on top of a banana slice and top it with another banana slice.
- Place in freezer for 2-3 hours.
You can freeze these babies or just eat one right away! … I don’t have patience anymore.