I secretly get very excited every fall when I start seeing bags of candy corn at the store…don’t you?
Can’t get enough. Seriously. It’s a problem.
Sooo why not put it in cookies?
Martha Stewart did it… so we all can.
Candy-Corn Sugar Cookies (Martha Stewart recipe)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- candy-corn for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugar in a medium bowl with a wooden spoon until combined. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Add flour, and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into balls (chill dough in fridge briefly if it is too soft to handle).
- Bake on cookie sheets for 10-12 minutes. Rotate sheets halfway through, until edges are firm and cookies are dry to the touch (do not let cookies color– don’t overbake!
- Remove from oven; gently press a candy corn into center of each cookie. It’s okay if the cookies crackle a little. Cool a few minutes on the sheets until removing to cool completely.