roasted with rosemary
Need a new seasonal roasted nut recipe? This one is sweet from the brown sugar glaze.
Simple and delish.
You can use any variety of nuts you want. Pecans, walnuts, cashews, almonds. I used walnuts, almonds, and cashews. I think the walnuts take on the flavor combo the best.
Make sure the nuts are raw because you will roast them in the oven.
It's a great appetizer for any holiday party or a sweet fall snack.
Rosemary Roasted Nuts
- 2-3 cups of raw almonds, cashews, walnuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary (or dried)
- coarse salt
- Place nuts on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile over medium-high heat, melt together the butter and brown sugar in a large saucepan. Add the rosemary to the mixture.
- Add the roasted nuts and stir until the butter is golden brown (About 5 minutes).
- Spread out nuts on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle immidiately with coarse salt.
- Toss the nuts every few minutes as they cool completely.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container