Do you have a blender of some sort?
No oven required.
Smoothies: Combine it. blend it. enjoy it…and repeat daily. I’ll take the blame for your new addiction.
This is my favorite smoothie to make. I saw a breakfast "cleansing smoothie" in Women’s Health Magazine that called for skim milk, peanut butter, berries, and ice. I took that idea and adjusted it a little…well actually, it’s nothing like it, but oh well. I also add spinach to get a little greens in the mix. You can’t even tell it’s in there!
(makes one serving)
- 1-2 handfuls of baby spinach (tear the leaves up before blending)
- ½ non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water (add more or less depending on how thick you want it)
- 1 cup frozen berries (I use blackberries and blueberries)
- 1 teaspoon natural almond butter (or natural peanut butter)
- In a blender or magic bullet, blend spinach and yogurt until creamy.
- Add the berries and peanut butter to the mixture and blend. Add cold water to help blend it. Add more water if desired until you reach consistency you want.
Blend until smooth and enjoy! Or you can store it in the fridge and eat it the next day.