Yup, another granola combination.
Sometimes I think that I am starting to get sick of granola…
But who am I kidding, no I’m not.
This is such a versatile snack…and it’s just so darn easy.
Sprinkle it on top of yogurt with fruit & honey, add it to your cereal, or just snack on it plain. Keep a bag of it in your purse, because you just never know when you may need it.
My Tips: I highly recommend using old-fashioned oats in this. It will create a very chunky granola, which is perfect for snacking.
I like to mix in cashews, pecans, and coconut flakes. But, peanuts are also great. I use whatever nuts I have on hand. Or, you can totally omit the nuts and just have pure peanut butter granola clusters.
You really can't go wrong. (Actually I burned the peanut butter in the microwave once…sooo maybe things could go wrong)
Peanut Butter Granola
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter (you can also use natural peanut butter)
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 - 2 ½ heaping cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup cashews, peanuts, or pecans
- ½ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and honey and melt it in the microwave for about 30 seconds (until the peanut butter and honey have all melted). Stir together and add in the cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Add in the oats and nuts and stir until all the oats are coated with the mixture.
- Spread in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until a golden brown. It will still look soft when you take it out. this is okay. Let it cool on the sheet and it will harden.
- Store in mason jars or any airtight container.
let’s be honest…
peanut butter just makes everything better, doesn’t it?