Who doesn’t love a no-bake treat?
Especially a gluten-free one that you make in one bowl in 15 minutes.
The classic peanut butter & chocolate combination make these a guaranteed success.
These will take you back to that traditional rice krispies treat.
But with a twist.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Rice Krispies
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- About 40 regular-sized marshmallows (10 oz.)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal (I use the brown rice gluten-free variety)
- ½ - 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on high for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. You can also do this over the stovetop in a large pot.
- Add peanut butter, stirring until combined.
- Add rice cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using a spatula sprayed with nonstick spray, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray (Use a smaller pan for thicker squares). Press chocolate chips into the top.
- Let cool at least 15 minutes. Cut into squares. Store at room temperature for 2 days, or the refrigerator for 1 week, or freeze.
so fast. so good.