Chocolate, coconut, and almonds. An addictive combination.
I make this granola when I want to package some up to give to friends. It will make enough to have an extra jar for my kitchen shelf.
Almond Joy Granola
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate - optional
- Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss together oats, coconut, almonds; set aside. Heat honey, coconut oil, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Whisk until coconut oil melts and mixture is smooth.
- Remove chocolate mixture from the stove and pour over the oats mixture. Stir ingredients until everything is evenly coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Spread granola evenly on baking sheet and bake for 40- 50 minutes stirring mixture once halfway through the cooking time.
- Let cool completely before stirring in the chocolate chips if adding.
You can store this up to three weeks in an airtight container… if it lasts that long.