Soooo finding “mini” M&M’s is a challenge.
I’m pretty sure they just don’t sell them anymore.
BUT I finally got my hands on some in a store that sold bulk candy.
Whole-Wheat M&M and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ½ cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted (in microwave) and cooled
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup mini m&m’s
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
In another bowl, mix the melted and cooled butter and sugars. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and stir until mixed.
- Gradually add flour mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- Bake for around 10-12 minutes. Or until edges are slightly brown (don't over bake! the middle should still look a little underdone).
- Let cool on sheets.
And don’t forget to share! ;)