To my holiday-partying-cookie-eating-shopping-crazed friends.
You must put down those cocktail nuts immediately and check these out.
These cashews are not only highly addicting (you’ve been warned), but they make an excellent gift.
Or, keep a bowl of them out at your next holiday shindig.
The crowd will go wild.
You (and your friends) will crunch and smile. I promise.
gourmet candied cashews
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon good vanilla
- 1 pound whole cashews (about 2 2/3 cups)
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ tsp. salt (if the cashews are unsalted)
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Beat the egg whites and the vanilla together with a whisk until frothy.
- Toss the cashews in the egg mixture to coat.
- In a large (gallon-sized) resealable Ziplock bag, put the sugar and cinnamon and salt and shake together.
- Pour the coated nuts into the bag and shake around to sugar coat everything. It will be moist and the sugar will look dissolved. So don’t worry, it’s supposed to!
- Spread out on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 250 degrees for about an hour. Toss every 15 minutes.
- Take out and toss once more and let cool.
I double-dog dare you to eat just one.