fruit & spice granola
As my obsession with making granolas continues…
Here is one I have been really into lately.
I made this granola to give to friends and family for the holidays
But, I am a little embarrassed to admit that I had to make it a few too many times over the past few weeks.
I would always finish off a batch before I got around to packaging it up.
You see people, these are my daily problems…
I blame it on my ginger obsession.
I need it to live.
This combo is a nice switch-up from the usual granola flavors you make or buy. It has a hint of sweetness, but then a spicy kick from the candied ginger.
Plus, it is healthier than most store-bought varieties.
Fruit & Spice Granola
Recipe from Self Magazine
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp. light olive oil or vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 1/2 - 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup candied ginger, chopped (I buy the bags at Trader Joes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the first five ingredients in a bowl. Fold in the oats and pumpkin seeds. MIx until all of it is coated and moistened.
- On a baking sheet in a single layer, spread the granola out. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until toasted and granola is dry. You can toss it occasionally to break up the clusters.
- Take out and fold in the fruit and ginger. Let cool. Then break apart.
- Store in an airtight container or package up for others.