Brownie in a Mug ... errr I mean a Jar.
I have to admit, I have never been a brownie person.
But this is an exception.
This is something that you mix in a cup and microwave for 60 seconds.
Most recipes use flour and oil like a normal brownie.
Click here –>for a normal 1-minute brownie recipe. I will find it in my heart to forgive you if you choose that one over mine.
But, I like to use old-fashioned g-free oats (or whole wheat pastry flour) and nonfat greek yogurt. It is a bit healthier than a regular brownie (no eggs, white flour, butter, or oil). And it will satisfy a sweet tooth any day.
Just gives you all the more reason to make it, right?
Oh yeah, and I make this in mason jars.
Save the mugs for your coffee, ladies and gents.
60-Second Brownie in a Jar
- 2 tbsp. nonfat greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. water
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- dash of salt
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3-4 tbsp. white sugar
- 4 tbsp. whole-wheat pastry flour (I like to use old-fashioned oats + a little wheat flour)
- handful of chocolate chips, if you want
- In a 12 oz. mug (or mason jar), add water, yogurt, and vanilla. Whisk well.
- Add cocoa, sugar, and flour/oats… And mix it all up.
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds. Center should be slightly molten.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and fresh strawberries = YUM-O
Just SO fast! … let’s do that again.
Of course, only after you sweat and eat your veggies. ;)