Sure, this Thursday is all about giving thanks and eating pie. Buuuut, holidays are so much sweeter with a cookie in the mix. And this chewy one filled with M&M’s is sure to please everyone at the table!
If you are on the road traveling for the upcoming holiday, package these up in any container. It’s a bit less stressful than balancing a pie on your lap in the car. Trust me on that one. ;) Plus, if someone else is making their beloved pie, you can still bring something sweet to the spread!
I love using these fall-colored M&M’s. They are only on the shelves for a short time every year, so you might as well enjoy them in these cookies!
Chewy M&M Cookies
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups M&M's candy pieces (or I use the entire 11.4 ounce bag)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixer, beat the butter with the sugars until creamy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined and no flour remains. Add in the M&M's and mix to incorporate them.
- With tablespoon scoops, place balls of dough on a cookie sheet and bake about 10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.