The weekends go waaay too fast if you ask me. Working during the week, I've always cherished Saturdays and Sundays. But now with a little one, I cherish those days off like they are gold.
And then Sunday afternoon rolls around and I sadly have to start planning for the next day. Which for me, usually doesn't require much planning, because I'm horrible at meal prepping, and everything else I need to do to prepare for Monday I'll put off or never do.
But one thing I will do is make an unnecessary amount of snacks. When I am tired, overly busy or just run down, for some reason find myself in the kitchen dirtying even more dishes to put in the dishwasher which I then put off emptying until the end of the day. Man, this post is taking a turn! I swear I'm not that lazy. Though my husband may disagree, but I just think he gets to things quicker than me ;)...
Okay, okay. Back to these snacks. These truffles are one of them. They are SO. GOOD. I found myself making another batch of them the very day I ran out.
I love them because they have no added sugar, grains or dairy. I've always limited the amount of these things, not because they are bad, because they are not. But, because without them in my system, my body feels it's best. And limiting them has been what has kept me feeling good post-baby.
I like to buy the all-natural cashew butter at Trader Joe's or Target, where I think it is the most affordable. And Trader Joe's is, in my opinion, the best place to buy Medjool dates. You get the most bang for your buck. AND speaking of Trader Joe's, I just saw they sell Cacao Powder for literally SO much cheaper than anywhere I have seen, so I will now be purchasing that there too!
Anyways... you guys gotta try these!
Cacao Cashew Truffles
- 10 large, pitted dates
- 1/3 cup all-natural cashew butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- In a food processor, process the dates with the cashew butter until rather smooth or at least until the dates are very finely chopped. Add in the remainder of the ingredients and process to combine. I like to blend these more than usual so the dates are all blended.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls and store in an air-tight container on your counter, or in the refrigerator.