Peaches have been a theme in my kitchen lately.
And that goes for this smoothie as well.
I've made it almost daily for over two weeks now... I think that's what you call #peachproblems.
In all honesty, I usually pour this smoothie into a large mason jar and take it with me to work. So, if my posts were to really speak my day-to-day life, it would show me - hair still wet after a quick post-workout shower - running out the door with this smoothie in my bag. Glamorous, right? (Speaking of workouts - is anyone doing the Sweat With Kayla app? Talk about sore! I'm hooked.)
You see, social media has a way of showing that side of us that to some, may appear perfect. Makes it seem as if that's how life always is. Well, I'm here to say that this smoothie bowl isn't how it always is. But, on the occasion I'm in my kitchen, I pour the smoothie in a bowl, add special toppings and take it all in. I make it look pretty, even if I'm not taking a photograph. Try it. It instantly makes everything you are doing and eating feel special.
This smoothie will brighten you day, perk you up and not weigh you down!
Now that's a recipe for a champ.
Peach Matcha Smoothie Bowl
(Makes 1 serving)
- 1 banana
- 1 peach, pitted and chopped
- 1 big handful fresh spinach leaves
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 1/4 cups coconut water
- Toppings: Chopped up fruit & nut bar (I like Lemon Bar LARABAR) or grain-free granola, extra chia seeds, coconut flakes, extra chopped peaches
- In a blender, blend all of the ingredients (except toppings) until very smooth. You can reserve some of the chopped peaches to top the smoothie with.
- Once blended, pour into a bowl and top with optional toppings. Eat with a spoon.
- TIP: I also make this the night before and store in a Mason jar in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Just shake up and it's good to go!
Lots of sweet, green goodness in this bowl.