Company coming last minute? Sweet tooth craving? Need a dessert for a party?
I have juuuust the cookie for you.
Tonight company stopped by our apartment last minute. Within minutes of finding out they were coming, I took out a bowl and made a batch of my go-to peanut butter cookies. No flour, no butter and just 6 ingredients.
I prefer all-natural peanut butter (just peanuts!), but you can use good ol' JIF as well.
All you need is a bowl and wooden spoon...
Easy Grain-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
(Makes 18-20 cookies)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (I prefer to use chunky peanut butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar (you can also reduce this to 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (use 3/4 tsp if your peanut butter is salt-free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter and sugar until fully combined and smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until smooth and fully combined. You can let it chill in the refrigerator to thicken if it seems too thin.
- Pour about 1/4 cup white sugar into a small bowl. Using a cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough and roll in the white sugar to coat. Place on a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 9-10 minutes at 375 degrees, rotating sheets halfway through baking.
- Take out when they are golden around the edges and let them cool 5-10 minutes on the sheet pan. Remove cookies and let cool completely on a wire rack. Serve or package up.
How is it already Monday tomorrow?!...