I am obsessed with cereals. The toasted oats, flakes, chex kind of cereal. The boring classics.
But today… let’s make them not so boring.
Here is a cool bar for all of you cereal lovers out there.
This isn’t a granola bar. This isn’t a cookie. This isn’t a rise krispie treat.
This is a cereal bar…
And it’s pretty darn good.
Like always, you can adjust these bars to your own taste. You can sub your favorite dried fruit like raisins or cherries instead of using chocolate chips.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 cups toasted oat cereal
- 1-2 cups peanut butter oat cereal (I like using either peanut butter oats, honey oats, or chocolate oats)
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup raw almonds, slivered or chopped
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed meal (ground)
- Spray a 9 inch square glass pan with baking spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey for about 30 seconds. Whisk until creamy and well blended.
- In another larger microwave-safe bowl, blend the cereal, almonds and flaxseed. Microwave for about 1 minute, stirring mid-way through to warm the ingredients.
- Add the melted peanut butter mixture to the oat mixture and toss together until it is all coated. Toss in the dark chocolate chips. The chocolate will likely melt when you add them to the mixture, but that is okay! it will make the chocolate spread throughout the bars… which is a good thing! :)
- Press the mixture in the baking pan. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Slice into square bars. Or break it up into large pieces.
TIP: You can use all regular oats or all honey nut oats. Or really any oat cereal you like! Any kind of cereal flakes also work well too. You can do ½ oats and ½ flakes.