Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Want to know a cool trick?
If you are making anything that calls for mashed banana, just mash the banana with your hands while it is still in the peel. Then, break the peel open and squeeze the banana out and into your bowl. It will be mashed perfectly with no mess.
Well… that was a little strange and an awkward tip.
But it works!
Try it out with this cookie recipe.
All you peanut butter and banana lovers out there will love this one!
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup mashed banana (1 small/medium banana)
- 1 ½ cups quick cooking oats
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup or more of you favorite chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix in peanut butter and banana.
- Add the dry flour mix to the wet mix until combined. Add inthe oats and chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through baking. Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets
Well, that was fun.