Wanting to make Monster Cookies but without M&M’s on hand, I decided to make another cookie with the same concept. Oatmeal, peanut butter and chocolate. I added peanuts to the batter and I used whole wheat flour. It makes a hearty oatmeal cookie.
Peanut Butter- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup flour (I used whole-wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In medium bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract for 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speeed, gradually add flour untill just combined. Stir in oats and then chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 10 minutes and let cool on sheet 2 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.