it’s all good stuff here today.
granola loaded with nuts, seeds, oats, and a touch of honey and maple syrup.
throw it all in a bowl.
mix it up.
spread it on a cookie sheet.
bake until golden.
sprinkle on cereal, over yogurt, over fruit, eat it plain…
you know the drill.
Nut and Seed Granola
- 4 cups all-natural oats (I use Rob’s Mill quick-cooking g-free oats)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup sliced raw almonds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup natural maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon
- raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
- Mix the nuts and oats together. I usually eye-ball the amounts. Add more of your favorite nuts and seeds.
I like to toast these in the oven for about 10-15 minutes before I add the wet ingredients.
- After toasting the nuts and oats, put it all in a large bowl with the honey, maple, cinnamon, flax, and vanilla. Stir until it is all combined and coated.
- spread on a cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees, for about an hour. Check on it after 30 minutes and stir it up a bit. Then leave it until it’s golden brown. Just keep checking every 10-15 minutes and take it out before it gets too dark (you want it golden).
- Let it sit on the cookie sheet and do not stir it! Wait until it cools before you touch it. That way it will have some chunks of granola, but not many. So then, just break it up and store in an airtight container.
Note: This granola will not be very chunky, but it is meant to be like that! It is more like a toasted trail mix.
like bird seed.