Hi there! Take a bite of this…
It is my new favorite smoothie. Yup, just another item added to my huge list of favorite things.
I use vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt and add cinnamon. This adds great flavor without having to add any other sweeteners.
I also pack in fresh spinach leaves like there is no tomorrow.
Hidden greens. Very sneeeeaky.
Who cares that it is getting cold out and people are going nuts over hot drinks and soups. This is refreshing.
Spinach and Berry Smoothie
- 1/3 cup Nonfat Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- about ¼ teaspoon Ground Flaxseed Meal (I just sprinkle some in)
- a big handful of fresh spinach leaves, torn
- Ground Cinnamon (use as much as you want)
- splash of lemon juice
- ¾ cup frozen blueberries (or I use a mix of raspberries and blueberries)
- splash of water or skim milk (to loosen the smoothie if it is too thick)
- In a blender or magic bullet, blend yogurt, flaxseed,spinach, lemon juice and a splash of water. Blend until it is a liquid and all of the spinach is incorporated. It will just look like green yogurt.
- Add frozen berries and cinnamon. Blend until combined. You may have to shake it up or pulse it to make sure the berries are blended.
- Keep in the refrigerator overnight or enjoy right away.