Time to start this month off feeling nice and fresh.
Here is an easy green and fruity smoothie that I love to make.
I feel better just looking at the ingredients…
Drink this detox smoothie to jump-start your day, or enjoy it at any part of the day for that matter.
It is very healthy, refreshing, and re-hydrating (give it up for those cucumbers).
And it tastes really really good too!!
Feel free to also add whatever frozen berries you want to the mix. Frozen blueberries work well. Or, for more protein, add all-natural peanut butter or almond butter.
TIP: This is a great way to use bananas that are getting too ripe. I peel the bananas and store them in a zip-lock bag in my freezer. Then, you always have bananas on hand if you want to make smoothies or banana breads.
Green Detox Smoothie
(makes about 2 servings)
- ¾ cup strawberries (fresh or frozen both work great)
- ½ cup cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 large frozen banana, sliced into chuncks
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk (or skim milk)
- Very large handful of fresh spinach, about 1-2 cups (or mix of kale and spinach)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Add the milk to a blender and toss the banana pieces, spinach, and flaxseed in with the milk. Blend on high until it is liquid-like.
- Add the strawberries and cucumber. Blend again until smooth.
- Add in more almond milk and/or ice for your desired consistency.
- Store whatever you don’t drink in the refrigerator for up to a day.
Can’t get enough of the smooth stuff?
Here are other easy smoothies that are cleansing. They are all very similar and easy! I like making them the day before and so they are ready when I am on the run.