Food Should Taste Good - Energy Bites
So I saw these no-bake oatmeal bites on my favorite blog How Sweet It Is.
And let’s just say, I’ve become obsessed.
Like I’ve-made-them-multiple-times-this-week obsessed.
Plus, they are a powerful treat. No joke.
Natural peanut butter + oats + flaxseed + sliced almonds = all good.
Then you roll them up in crushed peanuts or almonds.
I added chocolate chips but I've also tried them with Heath toffee bits. Best. decision. ever.
There are four foods I could eat until the cows come home –> fresh kettle corn, sushi, pb & banana sandwiches, pesto-anything … And now I am adding this concoction to the list.
And there is no baking required.
It’s almost not fair.
It’s almost too good to be true.
Quick No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bites
- ½ cup natural chunky peanut butter (melted and cooled)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (I use gluten-free oats)
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (or Heath Toffee Bits)
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup crushed peanuts or almonds (for rolling the balls in)
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and let cool slightly. You can also regular creamy pb instead. Stir in the honey and vanilla into the peanut butter.
- In a separate bowl add the oats, flax, cinnamon, salt, almonds and mix together. Pour the peanut butter mix over and mix. Add the chocolate chips or toffee bits.
- Roll into golf-sized balls and then roll in the crushed nuts.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer.
- You can also eat them at room temperature. Who cares.
So go ahead and make these, eat them, make them again…and share with others (maybe).
You’ll have energy for days.