Today, I present to you cranberry bread.
I received this recipe from my mom. It is one of those recipes that come out of old cookbooks… you know, the ones with the worn, stained pages and black typewriter font.
These are the recipes that are keepers.
Great to make for a family weekend at home.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- ½ cup organic orange juice
- ½ cup toasted nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries cut in half
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add egg, oil, and water, and orange juice. Stir in nuts and cranberries.
- Pour into baking bread pans, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 60 minutes.
these slices are best shared with others. :)