Cookie meets sandwich.
It’s a great friendship.
Usually I think of a cookie sandwich being filled with icing. But this is a little switch-up. It’s time to try something a little new.
You can experiment and use different flavors of jam. It makes for a colorful display…and such a sweet fall treat. The whole wheat flour gives the cookie a graham cracker flavor. Delish.
In the meantime, I will try to fix my blurry photos…
Jam Filled Sandwich Cookies
(inspired by a Martha Stewart recipe)
- 3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¾ cup jam (your favorite kind)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, sugar, powder, and salt. Add to a mixer with the butter and mix until it is a coarse meal. Add the milk and mix until a dough forms.
- Drop tablespoons of dough (use a cookie scoop to be uniform) on a baking sheet. BAke 12-14 minutes and let cool and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- TIP: While baking, rotate the cookies half-way through the baking for even baking.
- Spread the flat side of the cookie with your favorie jam and sandwich with another cookie.