sometimes you just want a detox.
Here is a smoothie that you can make in a juicer or blender. It is actually more like a juice than a smoothie, but you get the idea.
The recipe that this is based off of uses Kale, but I usually only have spinach, so I use a handful of spinach leaves.
These ingredients will rid your body of all those toxins…
Ahhhh. feels good.
Cleansing Green Smoothie
- 1 organic apple, cored and cut up. (leave the skin on for maximum fiber)
- juice of 1 lemon, or 1-2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh kale or spinach
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped OR 1/3 cup peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup fresh flat leaf parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnnamon
- 1 cup chilled water or unsweetened almond milk
- In a blender or magic bullet, add the apple, spinach, celery, lemon joice and blend until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- This recipe makes 1 serving, but if you don’t drink it all, store in the fridge for up to a day.
- I put what is left in the mason jar (naturally) with a lid and stick it in the fridge. Then I just shake it up before I drink it.
This is basically like a juice and it is best served over ice.