Today is all about blueberries.
Because I love them.
So today I serve to you some blueberry soup.
Yes, this is really happening…
This is kind of like making a smoothie. A nice blend of berries and yogurt.
But this is a chilled soup.
I am totally into this.
Blueberry Soup with Yogurt and Lime
Recipe from Health Magazine. Makes 4 servings.
- 4 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 ¾ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tsp. sugar
- Place blueberries in a saucepan and pour in ½ cup water. Reserve a few blueberries for garnish.
- Stir in honey and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until berries start to soften and give off liquid, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly. Puree in a blender or magic bullet until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl and cover and refrigerate until chilled. About 2 hours.
- Combine lime juice, zest, sugar, and 2 tbsp. yogurt in a small bowl. Stir to blend and cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve with the soup.
- When ready to serve, whisk in remaining yogurt and ladle soup into chilled bowls. Drop 2 tsp of the yogurt/lime mixture into the center of each bowl. Use a knife and make swirls in the soup. Garnish with berries and mint. Serve cold.