Who does love some granola? Well, even if you don’t regularly snack on some baked sweetened oats, that doesn’t mean you can't whip up some of these granola cookies.
Bake this dough as a drop cookies or press the dough into a brownie pan, bake, and cut into bars. Think of it like one of those Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars. Except here, you know exactly what the ingredients you are adding.
Call it a cookie, call it a snack, call it a granola bar. It’s good whatever title you give it.
Whole Grain Granola Cookies
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ cups toasted wheat germ
- ½ cups low-fat granola cereal (I used Kelloggs low-fat granola cereal)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2-3 Tablespoons dried apricot halves, finely chopped
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Toss together oats, flour, wheat germ, granola, raisins, chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, apricots, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in water, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until combined.
- Drop dough on sprayed baking sheets and flatten slightly. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes
- Let cool slightly on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack.
** You can also spread the dough into a 8 or 9 inch baking pan and bake until golden brown. Let cool completely and then cut into squares.
** You can switch up the ingredients if you don’t want to add the seeds or raisins. Add any dried fruit or none at all. That’s the beauty of baking… you get to choose what you want to add in.
If you love granola, you should try making it yourself.
Click Here for an easy granola recipe!