Almonds and Chocolate
Toasted Almonds, Sweetened Coconut, and Chocolate…
Wanting to give my Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe a little twist? This cookie rivals the classic chocolate chip cookie… and may even win.
The combination reminds me of a Caramel Delight Girl Scout Cookie. Delish. You gotta try this recipe!
Toasted Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour (all-purpose white flour or whole wheat pastry flour)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (and I also added ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips)
- 1 ½ cups Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Place sliced almonds on baking sheet for a few minutes until just golden (or on a skillet on the stove over medium heat to lightly toast)
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl and set aside
- With mixer, mis butter and sugars together until blended. Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined. Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed until combined. Stir in chocolate chips, coconut and almonds to taste (adding more or less if you want to)
- Roll into dough balls and bake for around 12-15 minutes. Until edges are golden brown and centers are still puffy and soft. Rotate the cookie sheets halfway through the baking time. Cool cookies on the sheets.