Almond Joy Cookies
Yup…almond butter is still finding its way into my cookies. It is so unexpected, which I love.
I wanted to create an almond butter cookie inspired by the almond joy candy bar: Chocolate + Almonds + Coconut
I couldn’t stop thinking about such a cookie…
Soooo enter: The Almond Joy Cookie
I am happy to say that I stand behind this one with confidence.
To make this cookie you only need a large bowl and spoon. No mixer required!
I wanted to create a cookie that didn’t make too many. It doesn’t use up too much almond butter and it leaves enough cookies to share with others.
This recipe will make exactly 15 cookies, if you use a regular cookie scoop.
I just love this combo. The coconut is kind of hidden. You almost don’t notice it. But, at the same time it really makes a difference in these cookies.
I also add chopped almonds to add a nice crunch.
BAKING TIP: I chop of the milk chocolate chips so the chocolate kind of melts into the cookies and you get chocolate in every bite. so necessary.
Almond Butter Cookies with Coconut and Chocolate - Flourless
makes 15 cookies
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. coconut extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips, chopped up
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut (toast it in the oven)
- ¼ cup chopped raw almonds, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Toast the coconut in the oven for about 5-10 minutes, before it starts to turn golden on the edges. Toast the chopped almonds for about 5-10 minutes
- in a large bowl, combine almond butter and sugar until it is combined. Add the egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt and coconut extract.
- Add the coconut and almonds until combine. Add the milk chocolate chips.
- Scoop small ball doughs on a sprayed cookie sheet. Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Rotate the cookies halfway through. Let cool on the cookie sheets before removing.
CHEWY or CRISPY? If you want these cookies chewy, take them out of the oven after about 10 minutes. If you want them pretty crispy, then leave in for about 13 minutes.