When life gets busy or complicated, what you bake in the kitchen shouldn't be!
During my pregnancy, all of my go-to foods that I ate everyday just don't sound appealing to me anymore. Strangely (and sadly) almond butter is one of them. I'm all about peanut butter, and I snack on roasted almonds daily, but I just don't crave the smooth almond stuff like I used to. So that means a huge jar of it sits in my cabinet...
Well, just leave it to my favorite flourless cookie recipe to bring me back to my almond butter ways.
You can make this all in one bowl with a wooden spoon. I prefer to use Justin's almond butter because the texture makes for a chewy cookie. The trick is to not use an almond butter that is too runny.
Flourless Almond Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir the almond butter together with the sugars until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg and stir until creamy. Add the baking soda, vanilla, maple syrup and salt and stir to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. You can store these cookies at room temperature for the week.