This weekend, I'm switching up my go-to almond flour bread. With fresh raspberries in the refrigerator, it seemed like the perfect addition to this recipe.
The raspberries create a sweetness & juiciness, similar to eating the bread with jam.
Toast a slice in the oven, spread it with natural almond butter & a sprinkle of cinnamon, and you have yourself a new kind of pbj.
Raspberry Almond Flour Bread
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- The juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1/3 cup fresh (or frozen) raspberries, plus extra for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed, baking soda and sea salt.
3. Add in the eggs, oil and apple cider vinegar and mix until well combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the edges and add the juice and zest of the lemon and mix until it is combined. The dough will be like a thick batter, that’s normal.
4. Add in the raspberries and combine. It's okay if they break up when you stir them into the thick batter.
5. Pour dough into a greased 8-inch bread pan. Place a few raspberries on the top and press into the batter.
6. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes and then run your knife around the edges and invert it onto a cutting board. Once it’s cool, slice or store the bread in the refrigerator for up to a week.
This is a great way to switch up your bread game!