Happy New Year!
Need a last minute party app? Or just something to snack on during your long weekend?...
I've got you covered!
I've been obsessed with making these roasted pecans lately. There is just something about the earthy, sweet flavor of the herb with the roasted nut. So, it's about time I share them!
You can use pecans, almonds or cashews. I made this with almonds last weekend for my family. Use whatever nut you have in your kitchen!
These are a crowd pleaser and also make great gifts!
Rosemary Roasted Pecans
- 2 cups raw pecan halves
- 1 cup raw pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- few dashes of cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- In a bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy. Add the pecans and pepitas and coat. Then add the remaining ingredients until nuts are coated.
- Place the nuts on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Toss the nuts about halfway through roasting.
- Let cool and serve! Or store in a mason jar for the week.
Tonight I'm celebrating the memories and moments of this year, and getting ready for a fresh new start to 2016.
May everyone stay happy, healthy and grateful! :)