Sweet Curry-Spiced Pecans & Almonds
This is a spiced nut to make. And a spiced nut to share.
Forget about those bagged nut mixes. You know, the ones coated with questionable flavored powders.
In about 3 minutes, you can toss raw nuts in a bowl with a few spices and honey. Spread on a baking sheet and after 15 minutes in the oven, you have a sweet & spicy treat to top salads or serve with the apps at your next dinner party.
The honey creates a hard coating on the nuts once cooled, creating the perfect crunch.
So go on now, get roasting!
Sweet Curry Spiced Pecans & Almonds
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup whole, raw almonds
- 1 heaping tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- two pinches of cayenne pepper
- Fresh rosemary, to garnish (optional)
- Turn oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, curry, dried rosemary, sea salt and cayenne.
- In a medium bowl, place the nuts. Pour the honey mixture over the nuts and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Roast in the oven for about 12-15 minutes, until fragrant and starting to brown, but not yet burning. Keep an eye on them the last five minutes because they will burn easily.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. I like sprinkling fresh chopped rosemary on the finished nuts for added color and to highlight the rosemary.
- Break up the cooled nuts and serve. Or, store up to a week in an airtight container.
For me, there is something therapeutic about roasting nuts. No matter how crazy the day was, once I'm in the kitchen mixing spices, and the air begins to smell roasty and inviting... there is a calmness I inhale.
And I swear time stops for just a second.