Well, it's that time of year again...
Who am I kidding, I make these at ALL TIMES OF THE YEAR.
If you want a crowd-pleaser. If you want a cookie to share at a party. If you want to take some cookies to work...
Make this monster cookie.
For Halloween, I switched it up and added peanut butter M&M's for my fiance to take to his work. Have fun with it!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy JIF peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ¼ cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 cups M&M’s (Here I used peanut butter m&m's)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (you can use milk chocolate chips)
- Cream the butter and the sugars together until well combined. Add in the egg, vanilla and peanut butter and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the baking soda, salt, oats and flour until combined. Stir in M&M’s and chocolate.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop out large tablespoons of dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are just golden and the middle seems underdone (they will continue to bake as they rest on the pan when you take them out of the oven). Rotate the pans halfway through the baking time. Then take them out and let sit on the pan for about 5 minutes. Remove and let cool on a wire rack completely.
- Store in airtight container.
These are best shared with a group of friends or family.