spiced cocktail nuts
The holiday season is in full swing.
Even when life gets crazy busy with work, family, parties, Christmas shopping, and life’s everyday stresses…it’s easy to take shortcuts.
But, this should be a time to go the extra mile and make every snack, gift or treat special.
So today, it’s about taking an hour to make these homemade spiced nuts.
These are fun to serve in a bowl at your next party, package up as a gift, or put some in a bag to snack on while holiday shopping.
This weekend, when my boyfriend and I hosted a dinner party, I placed a bowl of these nuts in my living room for guests to snack on.
Instead of buying premade candied or spiced nuts, when I make these, I know exactly what is in them.
Plus, homemade tastes so much better.
Spiced Cocktail Nuts
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 cup walnut halves
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy. Add the nuts and toss until the nuts are completed coated.
- In a small bowl combine all the spices and salt. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the coated nuts and toss until coated.
- Arrange the nuts on a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes, until golden. Toss half-way through baking.
- Take out of oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about an hour. Then, break up the nuts and put into serving bowls or store in large mason jars.
You can always switch up the nuts and use your favorites. I prefer a mixture of cashews, pecans, walnuts and almonds.
You may never buy a can of cocktail nuts again.