If I need a roasted nut mix to serve at a party, here is my go-to. It's sweet & spicy at the same time. I just love it.
Do you entertain a lot in the summer? I feel like we socialize more than in the winter months. Maybe it's the weather - people just want to get out more! And less is more my friends. You don't need much more than some good drinks and these cocktail nuts to snack on as you catch up with friends.
I use raw nuts and switch it up depending on what nuts I have on hand. You can easily cut this recipe in half, but I like the big batch because you can store any extra in a jar on your counter to snack on during the week. Or freeze until company comes by again!
Sweet Spiced Cocktail Nuts
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups almonds
- 2 cups pecans
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1-2 cups cashews
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cayanne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if any of your nuts are salted)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until frothy. Add the nuts and stir until coated.
- Over the nuts, sprinkle all of the remaining ingredients (you can also whisk the remaining ingredients together separately in a bowl before adding to nuts, but I usually don't do this extra step because I am too lazy to dirty another bowl!)
- Stir the nuts and spice mixture together until the nuts are full coated.
- Spread the nuts on a single layer on the sheet pan. It will take up the entire sheet pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. Let cool. Once cool, break up and store in an airtight container or serve in bowls.