Have you seen the new LARABAR macaroon bites?
Well, there is a chocolate macaroon flavor that I'm currently swooning over...
Soooo naturally I've been messing around with my own version. Mine is filled with raw cacao powder instead of the LARABAR's chocolate chips to keep the added sugar away.
There's something so fun about a bite you can just pop in your mouth. And even better when it's filled with all natural goodness.
Food is a bit like our personalities - best when natural and honest. That's when it shines. And there is nothing fake about these little guys!
Cacao-Coconut Macaroon Bites
(Makes 18-20 bites)
- 12-14 Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon raw cacao powder (you can use cocoa powder)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour (plus extra for rolling the balls in)
- 1/2 tsp. coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- In a food processor, place all of the ingredients and blend until combined.
- Note: If the dates are not soft, place dates in very warm water for 5-10 minutes until softened. If the mixture is way to dry after you process it, just add 1/2 teaspoon more coconut oil.
- After you process the mixture, it's okay if the mixture is a bit crumbly. You will press it into balls and it will stick together!
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls. Then roll the balls in coconut flour.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Pop 'em like candy. Without the sugar crash...