After buying & eating waaaay too many Lemon Bar LARABARS, I got myself in the kitchen to make my own version. Well, sort of...
I turned them into energy balls. Aaaand rolled them in unsweetened coconut.
Okay, in total honesty... I was attempting to purge my closet of old clothes and spring clean, but I somehow found myself thinking of energy balls and the next thing I knew, there I was... sweeping up coconut flakes...
These are bite-sized punches of flavor (& energy). They are so fast to make and so easy to pop in your mouth.
Making them is currently my new favorite thing...
Lemon Coconut Energy Balls
(Makes about 16 balls)
- 1 cup cashews, roasted & unsalted
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons natural cashew butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, plus 1/4 cup more for rolling
- pinch of kosher salt
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- In a food processor, place all of the ingredients and process until the mixture is combined and starts sticking together. The nuts and dates should be ground.
- Place about 1/4 cup extra shredded coconut in a bowl. Roll the nut and date mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and then roll in the coconut to coat. Place on a plate and freeze until firm. Then store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.