Do I make waaaay to many roasted nuts? Yes, most likely.
But, it's my current addiction, so I'm just gunna continue on my way...
Today's recipe is a great, spicy nut to switch up the usual store-bought cocktail nuts. Hey, why not make some this weekend for your Super Bowl festivities?!
Spiced Mixed Nuts
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup walnut halves
- ½ cup pecan halves
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- few pinches of sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy. Add the nuts and toss until the nuts are completed coated.
- In a small bowl, combine all the spices. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the nuts and toss until coated with the mixture.
- Arrange the nuts in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes, until golden. Toss halfway through baking.
- Take out of oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about an hour. Then, break up the nuts and put into serving bowls or store in large mason jars.
When I make my own roasted nut mixes at home, I know exactly what's going in them. See ya later hidden sugars, processed oils and weird preservatives!